From mountain climbing, through snowboarding, to garden reserves, all these are components of nature. However much environmentalists try to protect nature, we have seen activities that destroy nature. For instance, deforestation has been a major hitch. You can see expensive seminars on pollution and international meetings about climate change since we did not take care of nature. Evidently, you can look at the consequences of destructive nature.
If you think that you need to be trained personnel before you take care of nature, then you are wrong. You should take care of nature every time. Here is why.
- To protect future generations – Admit it; our future grandchildren will depend on plants, other animals, water, or soil. Even though groups of people may argue that the earth has a self-sustaining mechanism, it is of equal importance to know some aspects of nature cannot recycle. By making good use of existing breeds, we save future generations from scarcity.
- For a healthy environment – Have a look at this case study. Nigeria is arguably the country with diverse oil fields. On the contrary, multinational oil companies could not make good use of nature. Instead, they set up oil leaking oilrigs. New 360 is a documentary explaining how companies cannot afford to manage oil spills. As a result, communists burnt the crude oil. This act produces poisonous fumes, leading to hazardous eye problems. If you take care of nature, then we will all have good health.
- Favourable eco-system – Did you know that Hyenas largely depend on food remnants eaten by lions? So, evicting just one breed of a species can destroy the whole ecosystem. Human beings have a significant role in balancing the ecosystem. Every activity that kills should regenerate twice of the killed species.
- To avoid extinctions – The passenger pigeon is one of the most common extinctions witnessed in Europe. Besides, the International Union for Conservation of Nature, I.U.C.N, named a list of endangered species. Extinction of both flora and fauna is a big threat to the tourism industry.
- God’s command – God told us to explore nature. He is the owner of nature. For this reason, we should conserve his nature. Whether you are a Christian or a Muslim, both religions teach us to take care of God’s creation.
In a nutshell, you live in a world made in nature’s image. From medicinal plants to the food we eat, it is difficult to think of earth without nature. Those are the five reasons why you should take care of nature.